Review: Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

17:22

At the beginning of this month, Nars released their new foundation. Like a lot of people I was super excited for this and I was praying this one finally came with a pump (it did). But unfortunately it does not live up to its standards.



A few weeks ago I mentioned this product in a haul post and since then I've been using this foundation. In that post I said how amazing it was, I do agree it was at first. Now I hate it. Although it is a full coverage and has a great finish on the face I have found that it doesn't actually last as long as it claims to. I found myself constantly applying concealer to hide my blemishes. 

The second day I tried this I noticed how it was clinging to the dry patches on my face so the next day I applied a bit more moisturiser and primer to still find it was looking dry. I presumed this was my my skin but in fact it wasn't. I have given this foundation a few weeks just to see if it will change (sounds silly) but it just hasn't. After just 3 hours of wearing this I find it just dries out the skin, and looks patchy all over the face. Every day that I tried this I have just noticed blotches all over my face. I'm not sure if it's me or the foundation because everyone else seems to have high hopes for it.

I applied only a tiny amount and shook well before use (like it says to do) and I found that I needed more than one pump. I would say it's quite an aqua based foundation which usually should be hydrating to the skin. But this just dries it out completely. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin already. If you do like this foundation it's best to apply it with a flat foundation brush or a stippling brush. Using a sponge soaks up the product so quickly and using hands just doesn't allow you to blend this well.

I think I'm just going to stick to the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, it is and always probably will be. I had high hopes for this foundation and now I feel like I've wasted £32.


Love Cat


PS- Let me know your opinions on this foundation? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe